With the following six week diet plan, you can expect to lose approximately 20 pounds in six weeks by consuming approximately 1300 calories per day.
Note: The amount of weight that you will lose depends on your actual calorie intake, activity level and individual body metabolism. Average weight loss should be between two to four pounds per week. Like any other weight loss plan, this 1300 calorie diet plan is formulated upon the following basic rules for dieting success.
Important: Drastic reduction in calories can cause many reactions, such as slowing down the body’s metabolic rate. Therefore, it is always advisable to obtain approval of your physician before starting a low calorie diet plan.
Guidelines for Success of this Calorie Diet
1. For any weight loss diet plan to be successful, you need a sufficient amount of exercise. Cardiovascular activity burns fat and calories, while strength training creates lean muscle and raises the metabolism. Try to get thirty minutes of cardio three to five times per week. Supplement your cardio program with three strength training sessions per week for best results.
2. Choose your beverages wisely. Water and green tea are best when it comes to staying hydrated and losing weight. If you’re a coffee lover, stick to one cup in the mornings taken black or with calorie-free sweetener. Diet soda is OK every now and then, but shouldn’t be consumed daily as it can bloat and dehydrate the body.
3. Avoid foods that are overly processed. 1300 calories a day does not mean any stuff that you can fit into those available calories. Whole foods are always best when dieting to lose weight. If you can, go organic for even more health benefits. Aim for a balance of lean protein, whole grain, lowfat dairy, healthy fat and most importantly, lots of fruits and vegetables.
4. Allow yourself an indulgence once a week or so. This doesn’t mean you should go overboard or sabotage your diet. Choose your treat wisely and eat it slowly and with full awareness. Examples might be a few squares of chocolate or one serving of chips, cookies or ice cream. Refer to the food label for exact serving sizes, which are smaller than many people think they are. The menus for our 1300 calorie meals do have an indulgent meal thrown in once a while.
5. Make sure you’re eating on a regular schedule. Skipping meals is an absolute no-no for any diet plan to be successful. Rather than three large meals, try six small ones. Eating healthy foods at regular intervals will keep your metabolism at optimal functioning and help you feel less hungry and more satisfied.
1300 Calorie Diet Plan Menus for Seven Days
Repeat the above menus for following a 6 week diet to achieve your weight loss goals.
Vegetarian 1300 Calorie Diet Plan
Looking for Vegetarian 1300 Calorie Diet Meal Plans? We now have a week full of meal plans for our vegetarian visitors.
Download and print a list of what you will need to stock up in order to successfully complete the above mentioned meals for 1300 calorie-a-day diet and shop groceries with ease.
Maintaining Your New-Found Weight
It is very easy to re-gain all the weight that you put so much effort in losing. While this plan helps you lose weight in 6 weeks, maintaining your weight loss is an entirely different game. And it cannot be achieved by another 6 week diet. The key to keeping those pounds off is to develop a weight loss mindset. We share here, our recommended reading resources for a slim and healthy lifestyle:
|The Weight Loss Mindset: 10 Thoughts that Are Keeping You Fat and How Changing Your Mind Can Change Your Body (Weight Loss Tips)||Slim for Life: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast, and Lasting Weight Loss||101 Best Foods to Boost Your Metabolism|
These bestselling books have inspired and encouraged many to manage their weight throughout their lifetime. They will change the way you look at your body and your diet and instill in you healthy habits which alone, can give you a dream body that will stay with you forever.