1. Furniture Cleaner and Polish I 3 cups olive oil 1 cup vinegar
Mix together until well blended. Use a clean, soft cloth to apply to the furniture.
2. Furniture Cleaner and Polish II Wet a washcloth. Wring out as much water as possible. Wipe furniture surface with damp washcloth. Dry immediately with a clean, soft, dry cloth. (You can remove sticky fingerprints and dust safely from wood surfaces, but furniture with an oil finish needs an oil-based cleaner.)
3. Furniture Polish 1 tablespoon lemon oil 1 quart mineral oil Mix in a clean spray bottle. Spray on, rub in, and wipe clean.
4. Furniture Wax 1 pound yellow beeswax 1 pint turpentine 1 pint boiled linseed oil Melt wax in the top of a double boiler. Turn off heat and, wearing rubber gloves, remove double boiler to a heatproof surface. Add oil and turpentine and mix thoroughly. Pour into the container; cool with lid off. Wax is ready to use when it’s cool and solid.
5. Furniture Polish 1 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup lemon juice Pour oil and lemon juice into a squirt bottle or jar. Stir to combine. To use, dip dust cloth or rag into oil. Blot the oil by folding the cloth together, and then dust your furniture.
6. Lemon Furniture Cleaner Spray 1 quart mineral oil 10 drops lemon extract Mix together mineral oil and lemon extract. Spray lightly on furniture and polish with a soft cloth.
7. Pine Oil Furniture Polish 1 1/4 cups mineral oil 1/4 cup liquid dishwashing detergent 1 tablespoon pine oil 1 1/2 cups water
Mix mineral oil, pine oil and detergent in a jar until clear. Add water slowly, stirring constantly. Apply with a soft cloth; polish dry.