Whether it’s you or your partner who decides to end your relationship, it’s not easy to break up. Nobody enjoys breaking up but sometimes it has to be done. Feel good about breaking up with these tips.
1.Don’t drag it out – When it is over, it’s over. You’re not doing your partner or yourself any favors by delaying the inevitable. Rather sooner than later.
2. Be honest – The oldest line is “it’s me not you” Although this might be easier the only way you can truly help this guy is by being completely honest with him and it will help him understand why you are breaking up.
3. Don’t overlap – The worst thing you can do is be seeing someone before you tell your guy that it is over. Plus your future partner will always have that doubt in his head. Will you do the same to him?
4. Can we be friends? – Don’t expect to be friends after a break up. Even if you were friends before you became intimate your friendship can never be the same again.
5. Let him have his say – Don’t expect to end it and him leave it at that, especially if it has come out the blue. He will want to ask questions, try to talk you round. Let him have his say this will give you the chance to explain in full why you want to end the relationship. Think about how you would feel if you where the one being dumped you would want to ask questions.
6. Don’t do it in a public place – Even if you don’t like this guy the worse thing you can do is dump him in a public place. It is the ultimate humiliation.
7. Write down how you feel – Ending it face to face can be very difficult. Write a letter explaining why you want to break up. But deliver it in person, and be there to talk with him afterwards.
8. Don’t feel guilty – More often than not when we try to end a relationship we are made to feel guilty by the other which makes us stay and hate the person more. If you want out then no matter how much he begs, how much he says he’ll change, how much he has done for you, stick to your decision before things get worse.
9. Don’t pick a fight – The only way we pick a fight is to ease the guilt which makes the other feel guilty when the relationship ends thinking that it is his fault. Again get straight to the point and don’t make him suffer more than he has to.
10. Leave as you would like to be left – Being dumped is a horrible business so try to think about if you got dumped how you would like it to be done. Do to others as you would have done to yourself. (great saying).