Thanksgiving is a time in which we remember the people in our lives that are special to us. This year take the time to decorate your home in honor of this very special holiday. You can show your friends and family just how much they mean to you this Thanksgiving season. Here are a few decorations that will make this Thanksgiving one that will be remembered for many years to come.
1. Make your Thanksgiving table a thing of beauty with a table runner with gold, browns, or burnt orange colors. Emboss the table runner with stamps in fruit and nut shapes or use iron-on decals to decorate your table runner.
2. Buy several pillar candles in one solid color and place each on silk fall leaves. Group your candles in various heights and place a few nuts or small gourds at the base of the candles for a special fall look.
3. Decorate your Thanksgiving buffet table with fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts in brass or silver bowls and baskets. You can also use artificial fruits and vegetables if you want to keep your beautiful buffet table in place for several weeks or the entire month.
4. Make garlands from leaves, fruits, berries, and fall colored ribbons to hang from doorways and any place you would normally hang a Christmas garland. You can also purchase bundles of wheat and tie wide, wire-edged ribbon around the center and hang from your fireplace and on doors.
5. Make place cards for every member of the family and any other visitors you may be entertaining and include a note to each written inside the place card of why you are thankful for that person and what they mean in your life. Your guests and family members will be touched by your thoughtfulness and the effort you made to make them feel special.
6. Think of all the places you decorate with reds and greens at Christmas and instead place fall colors and Thanksgiving decorations that you can purchase in your local discount or hobby store.
These simple ideas will transform your house and make your guests thankful for you.