For this arrangement of autumn plant material, I have used a vase which was made by a pottery student at the College where I work. I have used a small plastic dish which fits into the neck of the vase, with floral foam, for the mechanics.
For the height I have used two Phormium tenax purpureum leaves. Other foliage used is red-coloured Mahonia japonica, and in the centre (recessed) are some purple vine leaves from Vitis vinifera purpurea.
A small bunch of grapes from this plant are also included at the centre front. I have also used two types of Berberis berries (varieties unknown), and some rose hips from some wild briar roses which grow in the vicinity.
I have added some Corylus avellana ‘Contorta’ (the Contorted Hazel), which had been coloured using dark tan shoe polish. (Yes, really!) This gives a lovely tan colour to the wood, which is more in keeping with the colour scheme.
The orange “flowers” are really the lanterns from the Chinese Lantern, Physalis franchettii. These have been cut open and folded back to reveal the orange berry in the center. Each “flower” has been taped to a stub wire to give it a stem. These “flowers” will dry in situ.
The Physalis, Phormium tenax, Vitis vinifera purpurea leaves and grapes, and the Corylus avellana ‘Contorta’ were from the garden, everything else was from the local vicinity of the garden.