- 6 Tablespoons reduced-calorie stick margarine
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 12 packets or 4 teaspoons bulk granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Preheat oven to 325-degrees. Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
In small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 Tablespoons margarine; remove from heat. Stir in cocoa and chocolate extract. Set aside to cool.
Into small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, cream remaining margarine, sugar, 9 packets sugar substitute (or 3 teaspoons bulk), egg substitute, vanilla and orange peel. Beat in reserved chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour and beating well after each addition.
In large metal bowl with electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and remaining sugar substitute until stiff peaks form.
Spoon into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on rack.
Makes 12 servings.
Yield: 1/12 recipe
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Fat Nutrition: 112 Calories, 3 g Protein, 18 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fat