This craft is fun to put together for young kids. Let them decorate the outside and decide what kind of “bait” they should use to catch the leprechaun (you could try the Leprechaun Hat Cookies).
Have them write a note that has a wish on it, and put it in the trap along with the bait the night before St. Patrick’s Day. In the morning their note and the bait should be gone, and maybe their wish will come true.
What you will need:
1. Hot glue gun
2. Decorative items
3. Wooden craft sticks
1. Plug in the hot glue gun and give it time to warm up.
2. Begin creating the box by gluing a row of craft sticks onto two other craft sticks.
3. Create the sides of the box by gluing craft sticks on opposite sides.
4. Make a lid the same way you made the bottom of the box, but do not glue it to the box.
5. Decorate the outside.
6. Use another craft stick to hold up the lid for the trap.