These lovely lavender sachets will make a sweetly scented gift. Give as Hostess gifts, bridesmaids gifts, wedding favors or add to your guest rooms to make your guests feel special. They’re also wonderful tucked into your lingerie drawers or in the bride’s suitcase packed for the honeymoon.
2 – 5 x 7 inch pieces of fabric (you may use any fabric – silks and satins are recommended)
1/4 cup – Dried Organic Lavender or Lavender Potpourri
Ribbon to finish
1. With right sides of fabric together, facing each other, stitch 3 sides together leaving one of the smaller sides open.
2. With a hot iron, press the seams open on three sides. Turn right side out and press corners all the way through using the tip of a pencil. Press the sachet with a hot iron.
3. Fill dried lavender or potpourri inside.
4. Fold fabric ends in for a clean finish & stitch open end together. Alternatively, fold 2.5″ from top for a ‘purse’ effect.
5. You may skip the stitching part altogether and use a store-bought organza bag.
6. Finish with a lovely bow made of matching ribbon.
1. A sewing machine is recommended, but these are so small that they could easily be hand sewn also.
2. You may adjust the fabric size for a smaller or larger sachets.
3. You may also adjust the Lavender to suite your senses
4. Be careful not to overfill.
5. Click here for a detailed know-how on drying and preserving flowers.
With a length of pretty purple ribbon, tie together a trio of lavender sachets, all three made with similar colored but differently printed fabric. Give as Hostess gifts, bridesmaids gifts, wedding favors or add to your guest rooms to make your guests feel special.