Making your Christmas baskets is a fulfilling activity during the holidays and enables you to create personalized gifts for everyone on your list.
Decorating process for a Gift Basket starts along with assembling. To give a special ‘Christmas Touch’ to your Gift Baskets, try some of these tips:
1. You can enhance the presentation of baskets, boxes, tins, hats, etc. by first filling them with:
- colored cellophane “grass”
- crumpled tissue paper
- a piece of fabric (try something with a Christmas print)
- shredded newspaper or
- coloured paper straw raffia
Use all of these in Red or Green or combine either with white. They will also provide cushioning for fragile items like a bottle, jar or glass ornaments and decorations.
2. Finish up by tucking in:
- candy canes
- foil wrapped chocolate Santa, snowmen or other festive shapes
- other foil wrapped candies
- small pine cones
- a bunch of cinnamon sticks tied with red ribbon
- Christmas greenery like the tips of spruce and pine branches
- Christmas ornaments
- lots of small bows
- mandarin oranges
- nuts in the shell
- small scented candles
- Christmas baked goodies (wrapped in cellophane)
- Gourmet gifts or Wine for adults
3. Wrapping the basket can be done in the traditional way by gathering cellophane around the basket and tying with a bright red or green bow at the top.
4. After wrapping, adorn the baskets with a sprig of holly or any other Christmas Package tie-on. If using a basket with a handle, perch a Santa, Snowman, Angel Teddy Bear, poinsettias etc. on the handle.