Used for centuries by the commoners and royalty of Europe, Lavender, with its endearing scent and myriad healing properties remains a popular herb till date. This aromatic handcream combines the essential oils of lavender, patchouli and jasmine with basic unscented cream for a relaxing indulgence.
- Lavender Essential Oil, 20 drops
- Patchouli Essential Oil, 3 drops
- Jasmine Essential Oil (3% in jojoba oil), 5 drops
- 100g jar of unscented Base Cream
- 2 x 500 iu Vitamin E capsules (de Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate – natural source)
- 1/2 tsp. wheatgerm oil
- Lavender Water (optional)
- Glass or plastic spoon or spatula
Pierce the Vitamin E capsules with a pin and squeeze the contents into a jar of base cream. Add the wheatgerm oil followed by the lavender, patchouli and jasmine oils. Stir gently, thoroughly, with a spoon or spatula, ensuring that all of the oils are completely mixed in. Place the lid on the jar and store in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
If you prefer a thinner handcream, add a little lavender water and stir the cream to the desired consistency.
If pregnant or on medication, consult your doctor or a qualified aromatherapist before using essential oils. never use essential oils directly on the skin – always dilute them.
Image Courtesy: Clever Craft & Sewing Magazine, 1997